Does it ever feel like you are trying too hard with life? Trying to look after yourself, your family, finances, health?
I have to say I am pretty good at reading my body, as my mum taught me this from a young age. However, when you allow finances, work commitments and family commitments to overload you, how healthy are you really?
I was feeling pretty shit yesterday and today. Could be the hormones, but I think it is more the fact that I felt like I was trying so hard and getting no where in recent months and years. I am a motivated person, as most people are-I have noticed in clinic people seem to lose that motivation in their 40’s and onwards. I have treated myself with supplements, isotonics and 5 day cleanse programs. All these things I have done were great and helped a little, but it was not getting to the root of it all.
What does a nutritionist eat?
Day 1 Food
- Breakfast: 1 egg and haldfull spinach scrambled.
- Comment: Wasnt hungry, but made myself eat some form of protein to kick start metabolism and give liver some nice proteins and fats.
- Snack: 3 tablespoons whey isolate with water, vanilla, 2 tablespoons coconut oil.
- Lunch: Chicken with spices and fried eggplant on bed of spinach.
- Dinner: Chicken ( marinated with tamari, fresh garlic, ginger, lemon juice) with spinach, fried eggplant, zucchini, spanish onion, spinach, avocado. 1 slice sprouted grain bread with ghee.
- Comment: Loving ghee! Great for cooking, detox pathways and is nurturing to the whole being energetically.
Day 2 and I have begun the day with sprouted grain bread, 2 organic eggs and wilted spinach, ghee.
What type of program am I following?
Pretty much I am following a basic anti–candida diet for a month or so to heal my gut. I am mainly avoiding yeasts, mushrooms, wheat, sugars. My naturopath has put me on a couple of supplements and some homeopathics. The reason I love my naturopath is because he uses science as evidence ( testing and blood tests don’t lie) and we treat things naturally and look at how one organ may be affecting the other.
- Comment: All diets are to be taken with a grain of salt. We are using the best of the anti-candida diet, however I am using spices, ghee and other foods that are right for my body.
Really feel like a coffee or treat today as I am a bit tired- see how I go!
- What does a nutritionist eat?
- End of Week 1