Nutrients such as fats, minerals and antioxidants help maintain a healthy brain function, cognition and transmission. These foods and nutrients also help to ensure healthy communication pathways within the nervous system. These foods can aid in relaxation and improving sleep quality.
- Docosahexaenoic acid (from fish oil): Small white fish, salmon, grass fed meat.
- Protein foods (lamb, beef, eggs, chicken)
- Foods containing magnesium (green leafy vegetables, whole grains, almonds, cocoa, parsnips, kelp, seeds)
- Foods containing calcium (sesame seeds, tahini, almonds, broccoli, egg yolk, buckwheat, dairy)
- Green tea
- Garlic, onion, turmeric, ginger
- Herbs: brahmi, lemongrass, Valerian
References available on request